controlnet and panelview

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, does anyone know how to set up the offline comms/ controlnet. for a me project to use an offline rs logix 5000 acd file I dont have access to the network at this time and would like to build my screens and setup a project for an existing app. can this be done?
rs logix 5000 ver 16???
ftv me 5.10
pv+ 1000

Well, you can manually enter in the comm settings. You don't have to be connected to do that. Right click on RSLinx Enterprise and add the network driver and then start adding the nodes.

You can also create a shortcut that points to a dummy location. You can connect your ACD file to it and do all your work. Later on when you are connected to the real network simply change the shortcut to the actual controller on the live network.

OG

to a dummy location. You can connect your ACD file to it and do all your work
this is what I want to do I have seen examples of this with e-net
I have the acd file located on my desktop and dont have rslogix 5000 on this pc.
I added a shortcut and the offline path to the acd file but cant see the I/o or folder?

You don't need RSLogix to view the tags in the View ME Tag Browser.

In the browser window right-click on the top most folder and select Refresh All Folders and see if that helps. If not, try rebooting.

If it still isn't working then please post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

OG

Refresh All Folders
Thanks, Operagost that worked!!!
but not exactly what I wanted wanted.
Im not seeing all the tags I wanted. I wished I could post the acd file but its 1.5 meg
I will read up on this and see what i can find
Thanks, Steve