Configure PanelView Plus to Control Logix ControlNet Comms

Conda

Hi,

Must I connect my laptop directly to the Controlnet to set up a RSLinx Enterprise runtime link between a PV+ (on controlnet) and a control logix?

I have a Control Logix processor and rack with a Controlnet Bridge talking to a Controlnet network that includes Flex IO and a PV+ 1000. So far I have been configuring the Controlnet with RSNetworx via the backplane of the control logix which I connect to via ethernet (ENBT card) from my laptop.

Everything has been working fine until I needed to configure the comms path in RSLinx Enterprise for the PV+. I can dowload the .mer file to the PV using the backplane of the PLC to go between ethernet and Controlnet but I can't seem to configure Enterprise to get the PV to talk back over Controlnet to the PLC.

I have also tried using the ethernet port on the PV+ to configure the comms link in RSLinx enterprise and this seems to work in runtime as long as my laptop remains connected to the PV ethernet port.

Last edited:
You do not need to connect your laptop directly to the ControlNet network to configure an RSLinx Enterprise shortcut in FactoryTalk View Studio.

Generally you have to manually configure the RSLinx Enterprise shortcut for a PanelView Plus to use a 2711-RN15S module to communicate on ControlNet.

It sounds like you're trying to use the automatic browsing of RSLinx Enterprise to set up the shortcut.

Can you describe exactly how you configured the shortcut ?

Here's an example of how I would do it. Please note carefully that this is the Runtime/Target tab in RSLinx Enterprise.

2711PRN15S_Shortcut.png

Thank You! That make sense.

Yes I was using the automatic browsing via the ethernet, not the 1789-A17 Backplane. I will manually configure and try again.

Thanks again