SLC-5/04 read MSG from SLC-5/05

dhunt97

Im having trouble setting up the communications between an SLC-5/04 DH+ PLC and an SLC-5/05 Ethernet PLC. I have a control logix bridge with a DH+/RIO card and an EtherNet/IP card. I have used this bridge before to get a Micrologix 1400 ethernet PLC to communicate with a PLC 5/20 DH+ PLC. I used the MSG instruction and the multihop setup to do this.

Now I want an SLC-5/04 DH+ to read from an SLC-5/05 Ethernet PLC. I can't seem to figure out the bridge addressing and link ID setup in the MSG instruction.

Attached is an image of the communications setup I have on the control logix bridge. The PLC high-lighted in blue is the one I want to use the read MSG instruction. The PLC I want it to read from is the SLC-5/05 with IP address 10.0.55.18.

What is need is the following.
  1. Local Bridge Addr (dec): ,(octal):
  2. Remote Bridge Addr (dec):
  3. Remote Station Address (dec):
  4. Remote Bridge Link ID:
Any help would be great. Thank You.

New Picture (7).jpg

This message route requires a Routing Table to be set up inside the 1756-DHRIO.

First, make sure that the 1756-DHRIO Channel A and the SLC-5/04 both have the same Link ID as part of their DH+ channel configuration. The 1756-DHRIO is configured using RSLinx Classic, and the SLC is configured in the Channel Configuration in RSLogix 500.

The "Local Bridge" is DH+ Node 2, since that's the bridge device that the message will go through.

I think you leave the Remote Bridge value = 0.

And the Remote Bridge Link ID and Remote Station are determined by the configuration of the Routing Table.

The route [from the 1756-DHRIO to the 1756 backplane, then to the Ethernet module, then to the Ethernet network, then to the SLC-5/05] is the "Link" that you set up in the Routing Table.

The terminology is pretty arcane, as it came from the original Data Highway and Data Highway Plus networks, back when internetwork addressing was just something those guys at DARPA were experimenting with.