Eaton HMI

Nick.Ferguson

I am looking for infomation on the Eaton line of HMI's. I would like to know how long you have had them in service? Has anyone used the expansion port I/O ? Any problems using them.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

http://www.eaton.com/Electrical/USA...ionandControl/OperatorInterface/HMi/index.htm
That one?

I have not used them but I am a big fan of the PanelMate Power Series/Power Pro which I see are still trucking along 15 years since I first used them. Very easy to learn and deploy solid working apps with their Panelmate configuration software. We used their expressions extensively, rarely doing any scaling in the old PLC5s they were mostly hooked to. You could control scan rates and apply scan classes to tags which was nice. I especially liked never (rarely) having to update firmware and it always working as expected. It was also easy to switch screen hardware within normal expectations.

http://www.eaton.com/Electrical/USA...OperatorInterface/PanelMatePowerPro/index.htm

That would be the one, I am looking for troubleshooting with alarm states , timer, counter and basic start / stop. With the expansion I/O card I think it would be handy.