PanelView Plus Terminal Remote Screen control

L BURKE

We are having a problem with selecting a screen remotely controlled from a PLC. The panel view displays a message stating it is remotely controlled if the operator tries to change to another screen. What is the best method of changing the screen by the PLC?

You have to put a zero back into the tag that changes the screen. For example if you put a 10 in it to get it to go to screen 10, you then have to put a 0 back in it to give the operator control again. If not, it will hold it on screen 10.

To open a Replace display remotely, assign a tag or expression to the Remote Display Number connection.
When the data source sends a Replace display’s number to the connection, the specified display opens.
When the connection’s value is 0, the operator has control of display changes (using display navigation objects).

This last sentence is the key: you've to reset the Remote Display Connection tag to zero to allow operator control.

- fuzzy logic

Last edited: