Sample of Logix5000 Controllers Sequential Function program

user68

Does anyone have any sample of Logix5000 Controllers Sequential Function program to share? I would appreciate very much. I read through the programming manual to learn the syntax as I am new at SFC.
Thank you.
HN

I don't have a program handy, but I'll share my thoughts :)
- SFC is a great tool for the right type of application (sequential in nature)
- it lets you easily separate the WHAT from HOW. I usually use SFC for WHAT and ladder for HOW
- it gives you a visual overview of what is happening, and what is currently executing
- it makes changing the sequence later a breeze.
- it forces you to strictly follow Action-Transition-Action-Transtion...
- you can write your program very modularly (by using JSRs and transition by end_tag.x)

Some things to watch for:
- [:=] vs := for assignment
- default options for SFC execution (I always change it to Scan last automatically)
- types of action, and how they differ
- when to execute the SFC routine and when to reset it (to first step)

CONS:
- it takes a bit to get used to
- Logix likes to crash, save often
- chances are that people who will maintain your program will say Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot is this

Good luck!
Tom