FactoryTalk Alarm And Event Setup

AzCtrlEng

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to add alarms to the FTAE Server? With tags and alarms you can export to Excel make your changes and import back in. But to add alarms to FTAE I do not see anything similar or know of a way to do this. There is a Save button so it is saving the config somewhere, possibly SQL Server DB. There has to be an easier way to configure the alarms than adding one at a time. Thanks for any help you can provide.

how to add alarm instruction in logix controller?

The instruction is either ALMA (for analog alarms) or ALMD (for discrete alarms). Add those to your ladder, making the rung conditions the same as the alarm, set up your limits, time delay, message text, etc. in the instruction in Logix5000.

Then, if your FTView SE system is set up to subscribe to alarms and events (this is done in RSLinx Enterprise Setup in FTView Studio), it will be automatically added to your SE system. It's a pretty slick system. I've even used ALMA and ALMD just as normal alarms internal to the PLC so in case FTView SE is ever integrated, the work is already done.