PID (ISA) configration parameters

jcp

HI experts;
I have a programme which develop in Ge 90-30 series with CPU 352.
I read the logic for guidline. I see in the PID (ISA) he starts address from %R2500.
Now the programmer move the 0000 when shutdown occur to the %R2515,2516 and 2517 which are INternal SP,CV and PV respectively. While in the documentation these are declared non configrable.
Please guide me why he used what's idea behind this?
Regards

HI experts;
I have a programme which develop in Ge 90-30 series with CPU 352.
I read the logic for guidline. I see in the PID (ISA) he starts address from %R2500.
Now the programmer move the 0000 when shutdown occur to the %R2515,2516 and 2517 which are INternal SP,CV and PV respectively. While in the documentation these are declared non configrable.
Please guide me why he used what's idea behind this?
Regards

Is the control output analog (ie 4-20mA or 0-10VDC) or digital (ie an ouput getting PWM'd)?

The programmer may have zero'd them out in the event of a processing fault where he wanted to make sure that the output value was stuck on at a high level. Generally speaking the CV and PV will not be manually maninupulated, but if you stop executing the PID code then the controller will not overwrite your manually set values.