Red Lion getting close....

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
[FONT=&quot]Followup on an earlier post, this was in the latest Distributor Newsletter.
Red Lion proudly introduces the ProducTVity Station™, the only ready-to-deploy solution for collecting, recording and displaying critical key performance indicators and machine status messages on any TV, monitor, or projector equipped with a DVI/HDMI interface. more...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Hope they don't mind sharing this with you all.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Getting close is right..... If it had a ladder logic engine, and a touchscreen interface...

You do have a logic engine that works with the I/O Modules and it can interface with a host of Touch Screens. With this module you still have access to the large list of drivers thru Crimson 3.

You do have a logic engine that works with the I/O Modules and it can interface with a host of Touch Screens. With this module you still have access to the large list of drivers thru Crimson 3.
The logic engine is clumsy at best and they only have one digital I/O module available. It's more along the lines of a "smart relay" when it comes to logic. I think killer's point was that it cannot function realistically as a PLC. And I don't think Red Lion is looking to enter that market either.

That said, the PTV seems a little pricey for what appears to be a Modular Controller with video output and no means of user input.

I think killer's point was that it cannot function realistically as a PLC
Yes, for the cost; I'd hoped it would do so much more.

Hopefully, with the Sixnet team's influence we can get a programmable automation controller out of RLC. I've written some pretty complicated C-scripts for the G3 family that would easily be accomplished in RLL.

Yes, for the cost; I'd hoped it would do so much more.

Hopefully, with the Sixnet team's influence we can get a programmable automation controller out of RLC. I've written some pretty complicated C-scripts for the G3 family that would easily be accomplished in RLL.

Having a Ladder based GUI would be nice. Especially with the I/O module set. Should be interesting to see how the 2 companies go together.