Vijeo Citect 7.1 with Siemens S7300

enbashar

“I am using Vijeo Citect 7.10r1 on WinXP SP2 , to talk to Siemens S7-313C-DP PLC through Ethernet via CP 343-1 Card and I used Simatic Net Software as a gateway between the Citect and Siemens PLC.
I did the steps mentioned in the Knowledge Base and in S7NT Driver Help .
The connection between Simatic net and PLC was successfully established, then I defined the boards and ports and I/O Device in Citect as described in the knowledge base and S7NT driver.”
[FONT=&quot]
But the problem was
When I try to start the project, I get the following message: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"S7NT not initialized".[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Are there any suggestions ?

[/FONT]

It's been many years since I've done any Citect but I remember they had good support forums. I would try there.

It sounds like the process S7NT isn't starting up. You could check in Windows Adminstrative Tools to see if there's anything in there that should be started but that isn't.

You could also try delaying your project starting up (I think there's a way of doing this in the main project settings) in case it is requiring S7NT to be ready but it's just lagging a bit behind in starting up?

Other than that and Google I can't think of anything else to help...

** Update ** I think there's a Citect driver file that you are missing. I presume you could get it from your Citect Rep (or their website).... The Citect Driver is called S7NT. Hope that helps.

Last edited: