OPC datapoints to custom CSV file

TurpoUrpo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I'm looking for solution to make OPC data available as custom CSV file that updates in every say 15 minutes, old file would always be overwritten.

Do any of you know of any such solution?

Hello,

PeakHMI can save data to an Excel spreadsheet and includes a built in OPC DA server and client.

It can perform the task.

I need OPC to be in between, there are two systems that need the data, other has OPC interface but other one needs to get it as CSV files.

Take a look at Red Lions Data Stations or G3's they have a built in Data Logger that can store to a CSV which you can export to another system and OPC funtions to allow connection to OPC servers. Cost wise they are not that bad plus it allows you some room later if you need to add something else.

Data station nor G3 does not satisfy our need. We really need software that can be run on server.

Software toolboxes datahub has been closest to offer functionality we need, but it seems to require scripting that i would rather not do.

I need it to write to CSV file, not SQL database becouse that CSV file is the interface for data transfer to other system.

Mark I consider HMI rather heavy thing to use for such a small task.

Hi,

PeakHMI can write to an SQL database or just an .xls file or any database that can use ODBC (ODBC configuration is automatic). As long as Excel is loaded on the computer it can write to the file. Our report engine does not need Excel installed and can write to ASCII, CSV, DOC, etc.

The not so small task is the OPC portion. And for the low price (IMHO) of PeakHMI, it is great deal. Many single OPC server/clients are more expensive than PeakHMI and it is much more than an OPC server/client.

The footprint of PeakHMI is very small.

Last edited:
Yes, i have no control over the interface, so it must be CSV, it inself ofc is just text file. Do you have idea for "just text file"? If it would be under my control, I would definately do it otherway..

ps. i did lot of googling around first :D I got same pages you did Jesper.

Last edited:
I have dont have the formatting yet. Best would be that there is control over how data is written to the file.

I hope not to do any programming, atleast not anything very complex.

I do write to CSV files via VBS scripts in WinCC Flex RT. Also to remote location on a central server.
But you wrote in post # 6 that you dont want any scripting.

The OPC DataLogger seems to be able to do it without scripting and you can try it for free.