Fanac Analog Input Module

12gage

I am in the process of adding a analog input module (AAD04A) to our machine for a test. How are these things wired? Do they get 24v from the backplate? is the porx then hooked to V0+ and V0-? Please help. Also any help with logic program would be appreciated. As you can tell I have no experience with analog circuits. Thanks

Do you mean GE Fanuc?
Is this "black" or "yellow", yellow is CNC, black is PLC. Some are identical, some are similar, some are different in their operation and wiring.
More detail will help someone help you.
Here is the black one, does it look like this?

Last edited:
What you have is a 4 channel 12- Bit Analog input Module for the CNC or Robot stuff. Example For Channel #1:
Voltage input connect, + 0-10 VDC signal to terminal #3 (V0+) and the common to Terminal #5 (V0-)
V0 is channel 1 Voltage input
V1 is channel 2 Voltage input
V2 is channel 3 Voltage input
V3 is channel 4 Voltage input

If you are using Current connect use I0+, I1+, I2+, I3+

Connect Cable Sheilds to FG0, FG1, FG2, FG3,

Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like I was on the right track. I am assuming it gets the 24v power from the backplate. can you help with a logic circuit?

Yes, Card gets its power from the backplane. What type of Logic do you need help with? What do you have so far? Are you using the Fanuc Ladder III software?

Yes, Fanuc III. Not sure what I need. I've read you need to have a function block and do some scaling. We are trying to detect a blade on a debur tool while the tool is spinning at 60 rpm. We need to sense around 8volts when blade is not present and 11 volts when blade is present. Basically a broken tool check. Thanks for any help.

I take it you are using your analog input to sense the voltage.
Take a look at the function SUB32. It is a compare block. What you can do is compare your analog input to a R register. Example if Analog input is less then 8 volts turn on Broken Tool bit.