why PV not showup in Micrologix PID setup screen?

wilsonzhu

HI,

I am using Emu 500 to test Micrologix 1100 program, The PID setup screen don't show up PV value which address is N17:36(range is from 0-16383). why? Thanks,

Let me be a little less abrupt.

I set up a MicroLogix 1100 program and entered it with similar addressing for the PID instruction and saw that the value in N17:36 doesn't show up in the PID configuration dialog offline in RSLogix 500, or online when you run the program in RSEmulate 500.

I assume that this is because the PID instruction is not executing, as the RSLogix 500 Emulator does not support the PID instruction.

Specifically, as cited by RA Knowledgebase document 55723, "The software does not attempt to execute the PID instruction or change any of the PID control bits or words."

If you were to run this program in a physical MicroLogix 1100 controller, I am confident that the PV value would appear correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks very much!

I set up a MicroLogix 1100 program and entered it with similar addressing for the PID instruction and saw that the value in N17:36 doesn't show up in the PID configuration dialog offline in RSLogix 500, or online when you run the program in RSEmulate 500.

I assume that this is because the PID instruction is not executing, as the RSLogix 500 Emulator does not support the PID instruction.

Specifically, as cited by RA Knowledgebase document 55723, "The software does not attempt to execute the PID instruction or change any of the PID control bits or words."

If you were to run this program in a physical MicroLogix 1100 controller, I am confident that the PV value would appear correctly.

Sorry for hijacking, but I'm running a PID on a ML1100 and have the same problem. In my case, the PV is stored in N7:6, but it doesn't show up in the PID setup screen. I've been researching this all day to no avail.