Red Lion G306K

SLawson

I'm trying to learn on one of my company's spare G306k unit, when I power it up, the PWR light is solid and the ALM and COM flash rapidly for about 5 seconds, the unit beeps and the ALM and COM turn off, and nothing shows up on screen.
No Errors, just a black screen.

I have tried resetting it, but starting it with the 1 and 2 switches up, I get the same outcome.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve Lawson

I'm trying to learn on one of my company's spare G306k unit, when I power it up, the PWR light is solid and the ALM and COM flash rapidly for about 5 seconds, the unit beeps and the ALM and COM turn off, and nothing shows up on screen.
No Errors, just a black screen.

I have tried resetting it, but starting it with the 1 and 2 switches up, I get the same outcome.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve Lawson

Does the display ever show anything at all? Even at power up it should at least show the G3 logo and the Red Lion runtime information. If it doesn't there could be a problem with the display or backlight.

Thanks
Jeremy

It is possible that the Backlight setting has been set too low.

We had that happen on one of our HMIs which had been OK, but suddenly left us with a blank screen.
Downloading the program a fresh did not solve the problem.

The only solution, was to create & download a one-off HMI program that tied the Backlight settings to a couple of soft-keys, so that we could increase the Blacklight setting up to a usable level.
Then download the original HMI program to so that we could resume commissioning.

It has been fine ever since.

It is possible that the Backlight setting has been set too low.

We had that happen on one of our HMIs which had been OK, but suddenly left us with a blank screen.
Downloading the program a fresh did not solve the problem.

The only solution, was to create & download a one-off HMI program that tied the Backlight settings to a couple of soft-keys, so that we could increase the Blacklight setting up to a usable level.
Then download the original HMI program to so that we could resume commissioning.

It has been fine ever since.

Marc this would be what I would suggest if he had said that he could see the G3 logo or runtime screen and then the display went blank. However the backlight adjustment has no affect on these two start up screens. In this case we are most likely looking at a hardware problem.