GE RX3i Devicenet Drive stop for no reason

wilsonzhu

HI, I have a project using GE RX3I, some drive occationaly stop for no reason, and operator are able to restart it, No error code, This has happened to may different drives- all within cabinet #2, rack2,3&4, Please help?

The answer is here.
Now, please give us details of your system and you may get better guesses as to the cause.
Maybe you need to move them all to Cabinet #7 (Cabinet of the Tiger!), it is my lucky cabinet.

Last edited:
Everything happens for a reason, even if it's not apparent to you.

The first few things I would want to know if I was troubleshooting this:

1. What DeviceNet scanner module are you using on the RX3i ?
2. What model of drives are these ?
3. What is the part number of the DeviceNet interface for the drives ?
4. How many drives are on the network ?
5. What other devices are on the network ?
6. How long has the network been installed ? Is this an ongoing problem or a recent development ?
7. Do the drives have a parameter that configures how the drive will react to a DeviceNet connection failure ?

Some additional information about the system under control would be nice; I have no idea what industry you are in and how your facility is configured, so the fact that these are in "cabinet #2" provides very little information to me other than the inference that the RX3i controller might not be in the same cabinet.