running Logicmaster with windows 2000

Dave Powers

Has anyone used Logicmaster with windows 2000? I would like any information related to it. I looked at the GE Fanuc site for information, and I have talked to a co-worker who has set it up. I have heard that the Micro's and 90-30 PLC's will communicate, but not consistently. I copied the whole LM90 folder from the old laptop to the network and copied it down to the new laptop and it will start up and I get Logic Equal on a 90 Micro that I have for testing. My co-worker said that he had to copy DLL files into C:\winnt\system32, and run prg9030.exe to get his running.

Any information about this?

I used to run LM90 on 2000. It works fine with Ethernet. If you want to use serial you have to copy some files (i don't remember what ones anymore) from a 98 or DOS installation and this will mess with the Ethernet capabilities. Beware if you like to open several projects in seperate windows at the same time as I do this will often completely mess up the variable declarations for some reason, so don't.

Running it pretty successfully with XP in a DOS box. Set it to Windows 98 compatability mode. Make sure your com port is set at com 1 or 2. It will not address anything higher.
beerchug

I've run it under 2k and XP-Pro without any problems.
I've connected to processors using a RS232-SNP adaptor. Don't know about ethernet though.

Thanks for the info. It is working okay so far, we haven't done a lot of work with it. The only problem is that the background/foreground colors won't change. It is always black and white. I am going to try the patch on the GEFanuc site, but I can live with it if that is the only problem.