Motor stability

Plc_User

I am commisioning a servo system, and I saw some instabbility on a chain driven by a servo motor. Although when I trace the motor speed, at 300 rpm only a fluctuation of about 15 rpm was visible, which could not account for the instabillity on the chain, so it must be the mechanical drive chain.
I was wondering if someone could estimate what 'normal' stability for a good tuned motor is, related to the motor speed. For instance : for a 1500 rpm asynchronous motor :
at 100 rpm : 15 rpm, at 300 rpm : 20 rpm, at 1000 rpm : 12 rpm etc.., and the same for a synchronous servomotor.
What could be the difference between an uncoupled motor and a motor connected to a load?
This information would help me a lot in evaluating the quality of my motor tuning.
Thanks

What could be the difference between an uncoupled motor and a motor connected to a load?
ANSWER the torque demanded by the load.

I think you need to describe what the driven load is and have a good idea of what the changes in the torque demanded by load are.

Dan Bentler