1784-pcd WINDOWS 7

KEN_KACEL

I specifically ordered my new Dell Latitude with an PCMIA slot so I could still use my 1784-PCD card and PCMK card. The DH+ works well but I am having difficulty getting drivers to install and run for the 1784-PCD card. The knowledge base says the card is not available any more and use the $1221 1784-U2DN replacement. Has anybody used their 1784-PCD (device net) card in a Windows 7 box?

I don't think you're going to be able to make it work. I keep a separate XPSP2 computer specifically to run the 1784-PCD and 1784-PCC with their Traffic Analyzer utilities.

RA also discontinued the analyzers because Frontline Test Equipment built superior software (their excellent NetDecoder) using the 1784-U2DN and -U2CN interfaces.

For better or for worse, Windows 7 is the end of the line for most PCMCIA hardware.

Nope, just tried mine and Windows 7 detected the card but couldn't install it. I tried manually pointing to the most recent driver I have (version 4.03) and it didn't work either.

Also this:

116912 - 1784-PCC and 1784-PCD will not work on Dell E6410 and E6510 laptops

Thanks for the input. I ordered my U2DN and have to lick my wounds.
With AB you can't get any better or pay any more. Windows 7 upgrade is starting to show its true colors. But the PCMK card does work well!