1784-U2DN usb to devicenet cable

BeepBob

Hello,

I have a 1784-U2DN, and I have a flashing red light on the module status LED. Manual says I have a recoverable fault….but it doesnt say which recoverable fault and how to recover…anyone have a clue?

It is just plugged into my window 7 laptop

The user manual unhelpfully refers to that state as a "recoverable fault".

What it should say is "the 1784-U2DN is not connected to a DeviceNet network with +24V power and at least one device so that it passes the basic Duplicate MAC ID and/or data rate auto detect features".

When you plug it in to the network, that LED should flash green, the go steady green once it's communicating with other devices.

The user manual unhelpfully refers to that state as a "recoverable fault".

What it should say is "the 1784-U2DN is not connected to a DeviceNet network with +24V power and at least one device so that it passes the basic Duplicate MAC ID and/or data rate auto detect features".

When you plug it in to the network, that LED should flash green, the go steady green once it's communicating with other devices.

That was it, soon as I plug it into the port, module status go solid green. Thank you!