What exactly can you do with 1784-U2DN?

beyonddc

What exactly can you do with 1784-U2DN?

I am looking to connect a PC to the DeviceNet to run security penetration testing.

That's how I found 1784-U2DN. It advertisted as a way to allow connection to DeviceNet from a USB port on PC.

I saw that you need a driver for it which is provided by RSLinx V2.54 or later and you can use NetDecoder to analyze traffic captured by 1784-U2DN.

I have two questions
1) Have anyone has experience writing their own software without usage of NetDecoder to capture DeviceNet traffic via 1784-U2DN?

2) Is 1784-U2DN a read only connection? Can you actually send data to DeviceNet using it?

Similar Topics

I tried researching but I still don't quite get it. As far as I understood, it's used after a function is called in STL and then if the function...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New grad working with PLCs for the first time. Today I came across the concept of scheduling when adding new devices to a ControlNet...
Replies
Views
So we are trying to read 3 meters on our line from a webpage. The 3 meters are on the network going to a PLC which is properly configured to read...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a small control box (sub 12"x12"x8") in size that is hinged but instead of the hinged door being only a an inch or so the hinge...
Replies
Views
I know that if you create UDT's and try to MSG them between controllers the datatypes have to have the same structure, but does that structure...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom