1784-U2DN -- Only getting a module light

Ishmael

Good morning everyone.

I'm trying to communicate with a DeviceNet module with a 1784-U2DN. I must admit that i'm not well versed, or versed at all for that matter, in DeviceNet. I had originally had one ordered then spent eons trying to figure out how it was supposed to be introduced into the network. Well after much reading and some time on the phone with a Tech I believe I have the correct cable setup. However, on to the main issue, now my 1784-U2DN refuses to cooperate. The tech I spoke to yesterday, 8/28/12, told me it was kaput. (No USB or NETWORK STATUS LED just a MODULE STATUS LED that is SOLID GREEN.) Now it is 8/29/12 and I have a new 1784-U2DN and immediately after plugging it in I get the same symptoms. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue or a software issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Let us know what the solution was !

I know the U2DN could be tricky with regard to Autobaud.... after a few seconds of being connected to a network with no traffic, it would "fall back" to a preconfigured baud rate. That was the most common issue we ran into with that device.

It turns out the driver didn't take or somehow stopped working properly so the plug remained an "unknown" device.

The Location of the driver (as best I can remember) is located at:
C:\\ -> Program Files x86 -> Rockwell Automation -> UsbCipDriver -> UsbCipHelper -> Then the UsbCipHelper application.

Don't ask me exactly how the driver got mangled because I'm not entirely sure.
I do know that a sole module status light does not mean instant death though.
In fact it would probably behoove someone to double check the status of the driver for said plug before replacement. (Especially since the plug is ludicrously expensive.)