RS232 To DH+ thru SLC5/04

jeff s

If im connected to a SLC 5/04 thru a 1747-cp3 cable and want to see the panelview 600 attached via DH+ How do i configure the plc ?
Thanks, Jeff

You have to set two Status bits in the SLC-5/04, and make one change in RSLinx Classic.

In the SLC, set both S:34/0 and S:34/5 = 1.

This disables DH485 to DH+ Passthru and enables DF1 to DH+ Passthru.

In the DF1 driver in RSLinx Classic, change the Device Type from "SLC-Ch0/Micro/PanelView" to "1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCANPort".

The ability of PanelBuilder32 to perform uploads and downloads using this path might not be certain: there are some firmware/software version issues involving large packet support. Give it a try.

Thank you both that did it. i had the wrong device in the driver settings.now i have tried going thru the 1761 net-eni and have the same results can see the PLC but not the panelview is there a trick to the "ETH-1" driver to see the panelview??

Adding the Net-ENI to the mix takes a step back; its EtherNet/IP <-> DF1 feature is only capable of a point-to-point DF1 connection (like when RSLinx is set for SLC-CH0/Micro).

The only workaround would be to configure the PanelView for DH+ Node 1, so that packets from the Net-ENI would be directed to the PanelView only.

But then you wouldn't be able to communicate with the SLC-5/04, thereby making it a moot point.

BUT.... the newer (Series D, I think) 1761-NET-ENI are capable of the more conventional "COM Port Redirector" feature. That will let you use the DF1 driver in RSLinx, restoring your ability to change the "Device Type" to a multi-address DF1 browser.

Other less complex RS-232/Ethernet interfaces (Digi, LanTronix, Moxa, etc) also perform that COM Port Redirector function.