S7 200 series

maria01

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to use Simatic Manager to program an S7 216 PLC or do I have to use STEP 7 Micro/Win ???????

Please advise Thanks !!!

OK Thanks I was afraid of that will have to buy another 40 I/O PLC that I can program with Simatic Manager do u have any u can recommend ?

I dont know to be honest I will price both options and go with the cheapest lol Thanks for your quick responses. I am new to Siemens and to this Forum I usually use Omron but my company is standardising to Siemens so I am learning slowly lol

I dont know to be honest I will price both options and go with the cheapest lol Thanks for your quick responses. I am new to Siemens and to this Forum I usually use Omron but my company is standardising to Siemens so I am learning slowly lol
May be mistaken but thought microwin was free

I don't recommend S7-200 for new applications, as Siemens has decided to terminate this series. S7-1200 is the better choice.