Modicon - Davenport Screw Machine

jcr

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer looking for help with a Davenport Screw Machine. He believes he has lost communications between the PC and the PLC. He has had this problem in the past and the OEM has come in and resolved it for him. They no longer support the machine and he is not able to resolve it himself.

The machine was made in 1999 and uses Windows 95 and a DOS version of ProWorx by Taylor (v1.6 or 2.1). Any help will be appreciated.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help and I will put you in touch with him.

Thanks,

Jerry

Sorry, But, I know this is no help - but it is time for your customer to bite the bullet and replace parts.

Some times it is not worth the attempt - I hope someone can help

I agree, I have told him the same. But typical of customers in this economic environment, he is trying to squeeze every minute of up-time he can. In the end, he is going to be forced into a control retrofit or machine replacement. I'm just trying to help him out in the meantime.