Siemens TI 505, help with an SFPGM RLL, how it works

gkinslow

I've never looked at a Siemens TI505 series plc program until now. On a rung is a function call block for a SFPGM. I found in the Programming reference manual some information on this. What I'm curious to know it where this sub function that is will be processing resides. Is it another file that I should be able to locate in the programming environment? Is is a sort of jump to, to process other rungs in the program and then jump back to the calling rung?

Thanks,

G

What programming software are you using to look at the program?(Or do you have a printout)

In 505Workshop it is part of the single file, You just need to open it from the Special Function section.

Tisoft, I think it was in a seperate file, but opening the main file will allow you to navigate to the SF programs anyhow.

The special function programs execute in a seperate loop from the RLL execution.

Thanks for commenting
For the moment, I'm just looking at a printout I was given. Depending on how things go, I may get the original project. I do not have Tisoft. I have the FastTrak 505 WorkShop demo download. I've been doing research using it, and 505 / Tisoft manuals I downloaded from Siemens. I've used a variety of software over the years; primarily Siemens Step7 for the last 4 years. This is the first time every being involved with a TI505.

505 Workshop is really easy to use in my experience. I don't think you'll have much trouble.

If you have a printout, You may or may not have the SFPs, It is an option during the print selection.