Help! Questions about old TI505 code - now owned by Siemens

saltykarp

Hello all-

I am in some needed help. I am translating an old Texas Instruments PLC code from 1982 to Allen Bradley RSLogix5000. I believe it was from the TI505 PLC coding and was bought by Siemens. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I just have some basic questions that I cannot find via Google.

1) For the TMR, there are 2 input lines. One is the enable, and I believe the bottom is a reset. Is this true? Also, what is the time base. Is it milliseconds? seconds? Below, is what it looks like. If I am correct, then this is like a TONR.

cr1
---[]--------------------()----
| |
| TMR |
| |
| 5 |
---[]----| 0 |
cr2 -----------

2) Some of the timers have a letter next to them. Most are blank. It either has a P or F. What does this mean, and what would be an Allen Bradley equivalent?

cr1
| |
| TMR |
| P |
| 5 |
---[]----| 0 |
cr2 -----------

cr1
| |
| TMR |
| F |
| 5 |
---[]----| 0 |
cr2 -----------

Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's a tip when posting Ladder diagrams. Click on the Go Advanced button below, post your ladder, Highlight it, Click on the relay contact symbol. Dont preview the post, just post it.

I'm going on memory here so this info may be wrong. The timer timebase is usually .1 second. The letter P should mean protected from being written to from some other source like an HMI for instance. No letter means not protected and can be written to from another source like an HMI. I dont know what the F stands for, maybe FAST which would be a faster timebase.
The timers top and bottom inputs are both true to run the timer. The normal time base is .1 seconds.

Here's a tip when posting Ladder diagrams. Click on the Go Advanced button below, post your ladder, Highlight it, Click on the relay contact symbol. Dont preview the post, just post it.

I'm going on memory here so this info may be wrong. The timer timebase is usually .1 second. The letter P should mean protected from being written to from some other source like an HMI for instance. No letter means not protected and can be written to from another source like an HMI. I dont know what the F stands for, maybe FAST which would be a faster timebase.
The timers top and bottom inputs are both true to run the timer. The normal time base is .1 seconds.

Yes to most of the above. The TMRF is a 1 ms timer 00.000 to 32.767 seconds and the TMR is slow 0.1 second timer 0000.0 to 3276.7 seconds. The "P" should be for the Preset value that the timer counts down from. The timer current value is stored in TCC-Memory.

Thanks a lot. Very much appreciated.

Just to verify again. The two input lines are in parallel; NOT, the bottom input is a reset.

Thanks a lot. Very much appreciated.

Just to verify again. The two input lines are in parallel; NOT, the bottom input is a reset.

The top line is Start/Stop, must be on/active to run and the bottom line, Enable/Reset, must be on/active to run.
If Start/Stop is on and Enable/Reset is toggled off then back on the timing will reset and start over from Preset value.
You could use the same contact in both lines to keep it a simple timer.

The timers are pretty different from the Allen Bradleys' and the TI505 code. To run the RTOs, that is calculated as ER + SS. (EN = Enable/Reset, SR = Start/Stop). And, my Reset bit is energized by the inverse of the Enable bit of the TI505.

If someone can validate this statement for me, that would be great.

Last edited:
If you need RTO then the top and bottom inputs need to be two independent addresses. To begin or continue timing, enable the top rung to true and the bottom rung to true. To stop and retain the timed value, leave the bottom rung true and switch the top rung to false. This will retain the timer value. At any time you need to reset the timer, change the bottom rung to false. To use the timer as a standard TMR, use the same address for both the top and bottom inputs. Both inputs should be true to run the timer and both inputs should be false to stop and reset the timer.

Last edited:
You should be able to download Fastrak software and open the program under the demo. You can also use the help file from there. I think in demo mode it only opens some of the program.