AVE Instruction

trcash2

Good Day Everyone. I am starting a project where I want to display the average of a drives current ouptu for one cycle. Has anyone had a similiar project? Any ideas or sample code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback.

Without knowing your plc brand, first idea that comes to my mind is to use a fifo queue, load the queue every time you decide then use the fifo values and divide then by the numer of steps.

I am using a Logix 5000. I was thinking down the same path. Load a set of registers then use the AVE function. I just had never used that function in Logix.

That's a complicated arrangement for a queue.

Here's a simpler, faster, more memory efficient method.

The data storage array FIFO is shifted downwards* by the COP, [1] to [0], [2] to [1], etc., then the new value is put into the array at [29]. Then the average is calculated.

* We use COP "backwards" like this to stop the array "filling" with the value in [0]

2011-12-21_000901.jpg

Nice Daba.

Trcash2 - What do you mean by "one cycle"?
How long is a cycle?
And just to be sure, you want the average current over the cycle?
Do the cycle times vary? -- If so, you will want to make the FIFO buffer big enough to handle the longest time. Also, with varying cycle times, you will want to add some logic to Daba's post above, to only average the valid samples (and ignore the empty part of the FIFO).