RS Logix 5000 v 20.04 MAVE instruction

I am trying to use the moving average instruction. Getting a little caught up on the details.

What is the "Storage Array" and what type of tag properties should I use?

I am going to grab a moving average sample once every second and average it over 10 seconds.

IMG_20170303_133800707.jpg

Google and download manual 1756-RM006I-EN-P. It holds the definition of MAVE. I would think the help file would show the instruction also. (I don't have RSLogix5000 to reference and I haven't used Function Blocks.)

The manual says it is an array of REAL as long the number of samples you need, in you case 10.

Good luck.

Google and download manual 1756-RM006I-EN-P. It holds the definition of MAVE. I would think the help file would show the instruction also. (I don't have RSLogix5000 to reference and I haven't used Function Blocks.)

The manual says it is an array of REAL as long the number of samples you need, in you case 10.

Good luck.

Thank you!