Micrologix 1100

Hi every one,

I have a very weird situation at work that is very annoying and frustrating. I have been working on a program now for a couple months between keeping up with other duties around the plant and have not been on the job very long. My project is to automate a manual machine that is going ok and pretty much accomplished with a couple bugs to work out and the HMI to be finished. The problem I am having is that every day I come in there is a different program in the processor and I have to re-download my program in. As far as I know I have the only laptop that has RSLogix 500 installed that is the companies. I noticed a while back and password procted the laptop witch worked well for about a week when my manager said he needed my password to the laptop for various reasons. Then the program started changing on me again and I just kept uploading and checking what program was in there. Finally I decided to password protect the processor wich worked for a few days until today I had the wireless enabled while examining program online and loss communication. Went and took a break came back had communication again but a different program uploaded again when I came back. How can this be happening and does anyone have any ideas on how to find out because they keep telling me that no one is messing with it and no one has the smarts there to even sign on which I know is not true.

This is quite normal, unless you're talking about a complete change of logic.

A single point in a different state than your save, or a value with different data will prompt the dialogue box to ask you to locate the file being used on the processor. Just use the most recent file you have when prompted, and all will be fine.

No there is no memory card, and as of this date there has been 5 different programs that I have found. 3 old ones that I started to write and changed direction of the program, have not deleted them yet and 2 new ones that I cant even find any records of anywhere for the same machine.

They're jackin' with the new guy.
Jack back.

But for now, how about hanging your lock on the enclosure?

I must agree that this is the most likely scenario, although it could be someone who honestly thinks they can "improve" your program.

There is another possibility, though. You've indicated that there is a PLC nework. I have had occasions when someone inadvertantly logged onto my PLC instead of their's and downloaded their program to my PLC. As you can imagine, their belt press logic didn't really optimize my blower system's operation!

Try disconnecting your PLC from the network for a day or so, and see if the same thing happens.

A possible scenario

Your Manager is watching how you are progressing with the project,
When you make a program change, he then finds he is unable to get on line directly and is presented with a choice of upload or download program.

As he may be familiar with Internet terminology he always chooses to download ( his thinking down load to him )

You now have the situation that he has just downloaded his last saved copy to your project, and thinks you are not progressing very well.

You now have the situation that he has just downloaded his last saved copy to your project, and thinks you are not progressing very well
Gil, I can see that scene happening! Ha-ha, very funny to me, but not so funny for Highvoltage.☯

We have seen ML1100 with static IP addresses and unique processor names have their program overwritten across the network by someone working on another PLC downloading their work. Are their any other PLC projects going on connected to that network?