Micrologix 1400 and PanelView Plus 600 using RSLogix 500 and FTView

Christine1914

Hi Guys,

Good day!

I hope you can still extend your help to me again.

I have this new project, but my problem is I cannot open the PLC program given to me by my client. I am encountering two different message box when I am attempting to open the file (screenshots are provided).

Is there anything that I need to configure first before I can open the PLC program? Password or something?

Hope you can help me again with this one as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Error.JPG Error1.JPG

What revision of RSLogix 500 are you using ? Could the program have been written for a newer controller than your software supports ?

If you can ZIP and post the *.RSS file, other members might be able to check it with current software. If you cannot post it publicly, send me a PM and I'll take a look at it.

The other possibility is that the file really is corrupted, as the error message suggests.

I've seen the same error messages when trying to open a project in RSLogix 500 pro that was developed in RSLogix Micro, and vice versa. Even though they are both saved as .RSS files, for some reason the versions are incompatible. I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation Christine, but I mention it because the error msgs looked so familiar.

I always get the first error message "Unexpected file format" if I try to open a RSLogix500 program that was saved with a newer version of the software than I am using.