Panelview Plus

Robobob

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking for direction on displaying a timer preset on a Panleview Plus. The data in the PLC (L32E) is an DINIT in 100ths of a second. I want to add the decimal point to the displayed value. I am using a numeric input box. I have the input displaying the decimal point when using the keypad to enter a new timer value. I am having a problem getting the label to show the decimal properly. Is there any way to do this with the settings in the Label properties box. I have tried changing the number of digits and decimal places this just adds zeros to the right. I want to do this with out adding a math rung for all of my timer presets in the PLC.

Timer preset 200 Displayed value 2.00

In a 1769-L32E, the timer preset is in thousandths. So in your example, 200 = .2 seconds.

To have display this, select the number of decimal points that you want to display and in the in the field that you browse to the tag, select expression instead. Multiply your tag (the timer preset) by .001

Thanks for the quick reply and correction about the timer being in 1000ths. Your suggestion works fine if I overlay a display over the numeric entry button. I was trying to use the label from the numeric entry with the tag entered as the label this will display the integer as is on the button. I was trying to use the settings in the label setup to move the decimal point

I agree that the Preset value should be in milliseconds if you're writing directly to the Timer.PRE sub-element. Maybe you aren't.

I tried this just within FTView ME using a Display expression and the Fixed Decimal and Stripped Value options in the Numeric Input Cursor Point.

I'll try to illustrate below:

The problem I ran into is that something goes wrong when the keypad actually pops up. The value pre-loaded into the keypad should be the last Indicator value.

Instead, in my case, it's the Indicator value divided by 100. For a Tag value of 200, and an Indicator value of 2.00, the pre-loaded value is "0.02".

Remember that by Indicator value is the tag value divided by 100. It's as though the keypad pre-loaded value applies the Indicator expression twice !

The Keypad for PV+ is one of the things that I have an irrationally negative reaction to. It's a copy of the original PanelView Standard keypad, so it's:

1. Ugly.
2. Non-resizable.
3. Unchangeable blue color.
4. Unchangeable location in the center of the screen.
5. Unchangeable style (no selection for Telephone Keypad vs. Numeric Keypad)
6. Unchangeable Text (no language switching)
7. Unchangeable Pre-load value or no value.
8. Ugly.

And now it appears to have this bug in how it displays the pre-loaded value. I'm running FactoryTalk View Studio 6.00 on an English XP virtual machine.

NICP_Properties.jpg

I am using the numeric input enable object. I see in your example you used the numeric cursor point input. I one I used does not have the keypad bug you are seeing. It also does not have the indicator in the properties. You can use a tag as label but cannot use an expression in the label. This is where my problem is. The label setting will not allow what I want. I will overlay a numeric display on my button as i have them already created them for another page. Thanks for the help!

Input.jpg