ABB Total Flow and Modbus

I is a noob

Has anyone used these and where is the documentation of what registers contain what data. ABBs website is no help and tech support over the phone is a joke....🍑

I would be ashamed of myself if I hadn't tried Google. That PDF mentions modbus to the extent that it can be used and that the display will show "M" if Enron modbus is used and "m" if modbus rtu is used.

Sorry, I can't help you with your modbus issues. The last time I touched a Total Flow many, many years ago I used a hand held (PCCU) or a laptop computer running hand held emulation software. I never used a unit that had modbus comms.

The main issue is knowing the ABB addresses. The bottom of that pdf(3rd link) has the tech support number. I am currently waiting on them(3 hours) to get back to me for that one word doc that has all of it. I acctually have that pdf saved from last week when i tried to tackle this myself.

o_O
Two completly different devices. The the Total Flows have #.#.# register addresses. This aquamaster seems to have just numbers(with HEX?)

here is a better link

http://www.totalflowsupport.com/

you can find manuals easily from this site.

also, you can do two different types of modbus with the totalflow. you can do standard modbus, where it takes two 16 bit registers to make a float. It will also do a single 32bit register for a float.