siemens sfc

Tim J

Hi everyone, this will probably be a simple question (I hope). I am looking for a siemens SFC87. I can't find it in any of our archives, nor can I find it on the siemens web site. I'm not even sure you can download blocks from them, but I tried to find it anyway. I should probably ask also if this is an SFC that is available only for the s400 (we are using the s300). I am looking for a way to detect network connection status, both for profibus and ethernet.
thanx, you all have been a great help to me,
TJ

If all you want to do is keep track of modules on a bus faulting or disappearing / reappearing then you could use FB/FC125 for Profibus or FB/FC126 for Profinet. The FB version gives fuller and more detailled information. You can download the blocks from the Siemens website. They all use SFC51 RDSYST (read system status) which is a bit uncomfortable to use on it's own.

You can find SFC87 in the Standard Library under System Function Blocks.

Not sure but the help text for SFC87 does not mention it is only for S7-400.
SFC87 is used to check S7 connections that are setup in NetPro. Is that what you are after ?
If you dont know, "S7 connections" are connections of S7 type setup between CPUs. And CPUs can be S7 stations or PC Stations.

SFCs and SFBs are CPU dependent. You can (and should) use these from a library in your program for syntax checking reasons, but they are never copied from the PC to the CPU. So if your CPU doesn't support this SFC, there's no use using it in your program. Then you better use FB/FC125 for Profibus or FB/FC126 for Profinet as RMA suggested.

Kind regards,

FB126/FC126 is used for a DP master/slave system, or a PN IO Controller/IO Device system.

SFC87 is used for configured S7 connections.

FB125/FC125 are obsolete I believe.

As usual, you all have been very helpful. Somehow my lib got corrupted (?) or ? My partner archived his libraries and gave them to me. As far as which blocks to use, I am just going by manuals that I've downloaded from Siemens. This is all new to me, and I'm trying to get a feel for everything that's available.
Once again, thanx to you all!