Powermonitor 3000

Green Man

I am using a Allen Bradley Powermonitor 3000 on a DNET network and I require it to be Node 5, however when viewing it at the dispaly the address is shown as '5' but the on-line view of the network returns '63'.

It appears that it is not possible to set node to anything other than '63' irrespective of the setting at the dispaly.

Has anyone encountered this problem? And come up with a solution?

Green Man

:confused:

In DeviceNet, node 63 is what all devices are set to when manufactured. If you are seeing the online display of the network in RSNetworx and it says node 63, then it's node 63.

There has to be a way to set the node to something other than 63. Some devices have DIP switches, some can be set in RSNetworx, some can do either.

A link to the manual for the PowerMonitor would be helpful.

I have not used Device Net for some time due to cost and special cable price. However, the last time I did use it I also used these devices. If I remember correctly I used the optional display to set the node address. Check the manual re this. I had 6 of them into an Omron PLC on Device Net and had to use explicit messaging to exttrcat the data I required from the devices.

Are you certain you are setting the "Optional Comm" address and not the "Native Comm" address ?

PowerMonitor 3000 Native communications is the DF1 Half Duplex over RS-485 port, and "Optional Comm" is the DeviceNet port.

My experience with the PowerMonitor 3000 is that they accepted the DeviceNet node number immediately after power cycle.