Learn PLC's : Level Control

Calistodwt

I was trying out the SLC500 simulator and loaded the level control application from the "Learn PLC's Tutorial". In single scan mode I found that after scan 1 that all the XIC's showed as being TRUE the same as scan 2-100. Is the diagram in the tutorial wrong? If not why not?

Calistodwt,

No, best I can tell, it is correct. Remember, the two level switches are Normally Closed lying on the shelf. So before anything happens, with the oil tank empty (Scans 1 to 100), both level switches are ON.

Pump is started in Scan 2 and runs. At Scan 100, the Low Level sensor is covered and goes Open (off). Pump is sealed in by itself (self-sealing), so keeps running until High Level sensor is covered and the Pump is cut off on Scan 1001.