RS485 Comms

halo9

hello everybody, i am wondering if anyone can help me with a little problem im having, i have a standard (4/5 wire) usb to RS485 adapter, and i want to connect it to a TSX P57 PLC using PL7, i know the Telemechanique TSXCUSB485 can do this via a 5 wire ethernet - 8 pin minidin cable, i have the cable, and i know it works as it has been used with the TSXCUSB485 adapter.

what i would like to know, is can i use the standard usb to rs485 adapter in place of the TSXCUSB485 and if so, which terminals need to be connected to what in the ethernet cable? i have pin outs of the cable, and i know the output of the usb to rs485 has 5 pins, a + and - data, pin 1 of a terminating resistor (pin 2 is the - data), a +5vcd and a gnd, any ideas how to configure it?

also, i know that the TSXCUSB485 must be set to terminal direct to connect.

many thanks, ross.