micrologix 1100 1761-l16awa

hogfanpaul

Hello guys I have been reading these for a while. I have found alot of useful info and thanks to all. I am working on a project for our local school and am tring to program a micrologix 1100 but am having trouble getting connected. I dont have serial cable so I am tring to connect via ethernet crossover cable from plc to pc. I have the 2.57 version of rslinx and am running win7 ultimate 64 bit. The plc has a ip address already ' i suppose i can see it and mac addy on the lcd screen' but im not seeing it anywhere. PLEASE HELP thanks in advanced!!!!!

First thing I would do is try to ping the PLC from your computer. Do this to make sure your computer and PLC are on the same network. To Ping just open the command promt from accesories on your computer. Type ping then leave a space and then type the IP of the PLC.

Thanks jseavers for replying i did try the ping and it was unsuccessful. Do you recommend changing the ip addy of the controller to match pc? If so, im new on win7, how do i find the addy of my pc?

Im sorry it has taken so long to reply but have been very busy putting some equipment in. I did try what yasko suggested here and it did work. After getting the pc and plc on the same network i was able to go online with the plc with the ethernet crossover cable and software from AB. Thanks for the help!!!!