HELP [urgently] : Traffic light

eddzoR

Hello everybody,

tomorrow i have last exam in school, thing i need to do is to slove whole traffic light simulation in LogixPro. The task is to:

Slove whole traffic light (both sides), lights should be doing this:

One side: Green, Yellow, Red
Other side: Red, Yellow, Green

The problem is that yellow light should work also when Green light is going on and also when Red light is going on.

I found some solutions but the problem is that Yellow light is turning on only alfter Red light.

I hope you understood me, sorry for bad English. I will be grateful if someone do it for me.

THANKS!!!

Hello,

i was working something but i have a problem again... i just need to add yellow light between Red and Green on both sides. My work is in attachment i just need to add it to be completly.

THANKS ! :)

I will try to explain my problem like this :

One side: |--------||----||--------|

Other side: |--------||----||--------|

Problem is that i one time both Yellows are on so there should be a pause or something .. :( Please help :(((

Simple solution.

Put what you would do, as driver, into logic. Think about it, write it down, then put it into code.

That's as much help as I'll give, to I see effort on your part.

On rung 1 add branch to include yellow timer timing (TT) bit.
On rung 4 add branch to include yellow timer timing (TT) bit.

Put what you would do, as driver, into logic. Think about it, write it down, then put it into code.

That's as much help as I'll give, to I see effort on your part.

Thanks for that help but,

i spent more time in hospital than in class because of accident with motorcycle, so i missed a lot of material...

On rung 1 add branch to include yellow timer timing (TT) bit.
On rung 4 add branch to include yellow timer timing (TT) bit.

Hi jrwb4gbm,

i'm not so good in this program, i would be grateful if you can do it for me 🍻 Please...

Thanks!

Can someone fly to my customers site and fix their problem for me for free? That way I can bill them for something I didn't do or don't know how to do.

Does anybody see a problem with this?

I spent more time in hospital than in class because of accident with motorcycle, so i missed a lot of material...
Edd, I see that you missed the part (probably during the first week of class) where you are taught to label ALL plc instructions. If you labeled your timers as per function, that would make it easier for you to SEE what is happening, and also make it easy for others to help you!

Sorry but I agree with every one else here, you need to put a lot more effort on your side and actually submit something that conveys effort and interest from your side with a minor issue or a bug, not a request to have it done for you.

Hi,

first i want to say thanks to all. The point is that i missed a lot of material so im not so good in LogixPro. I spent alot of time trying to understand how is it working etc but with no sucess and i asked you for help.

Anyway i passed the exam with huge luck i got easiest task to do :)

Thanks to everyone! :site:

Hi,

first i want to say thanks to all. The point is that i missed a lot of material so im not so good in LogixPro. I spent alot of time trying to understand how is it working etc but with no sucess and i asked you for help.

Well, I am glad to hear that you were successful. In the real world, you can't get by on always getting the "easiest task". The point evryone is trying to make is that often times you will get an assignment on the job working with equipment that is unfamiliar to you. You will have to figure it out on your own. You can't bluff a PLC. Either your logic works or it doesn't, and if it doesn't, very bad things can happen. So,in a very real way, if you can't think your way out of a corner and someone does your homework for you and you get a job working on REAL, dangerous machinery, then the guy who does your homeowrk is putting other people in jeopardy. You shouldn't take it personally.

Now the thing to do would be to go back and figure out the traffic light sim, regardless of the results of your exam. If you don't grasp the concepts now, you will have more trouble later.
Here's a start:
1. List your outputs (Main Green, Yellow, Red; Cross Green, Yellow, Red)
2. Decide what the INITIAL state of your outputs will be (which lights will be on at the beginning of your cycle)
3. Figure out what will CHANGE the state of your outputs, and when.
4. Make a flow chart or some other sketch of the ideas that you have to this point. Now you have the beginnings of a sequence, and a framework to start making rungs. And like Lancie said, DESCRIBE EVERYTHING! It will make your life and the next guy's so much easier.
5. When you run into trouble after this point, post back to this thread with your updated work and what kind of trouble you're having. You'll be shocked how much help you get then.

HINT: this task can be accomplished best with just 1 timer, but just try to make it work first with however many you need. Good luck!

Cheers,
Dustin
🍻

Hi,

I was busy

NON RUDE JUNOIRS - DO's & DONT'S