Ge fanuc 90-30 need help urgently

mehrdad

Hi
I'm on a customer site, trying to go online with a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC.
I am using a laptop with actual serial port and Proficy Machine Edition. I'm not sure if the PLC was previously programmed\downloaded to by Proficy or another software. All my port setting and port number are correct but i still cannot go online. is there anything else i need to check? i have tried going online using same machine and same software (proficy) with other PLCs before without any problem.
would this have something to do with the original programming software used?
thanks

The only times I've had difficulties getting online with a 90-30 programmed with Logicmaster when I was using Machine Edition were when the PLC was very old. Some of the older firmware versions are not compatible with Machine Edition.

What CPU are you trying to communicate with? If you can find the part number on the CPU, the last one or two alpha characters of the part number will allow you to identify the firmware version. For example IC693CPU331AD. The "AD" identifies the revision level of the module which will correspond to a firmware version.

Are you communicating through the 15-pin port on the power supply using a RS232/RS485 converter? The converter requires 5 VDC which comes from the power supply port on pins 5 and 7. I've seen cases where the 5 VDC has failed on the power supply port.

Thanks Steve,

Actually i just managed to go online.
I Installed Logic Master on my laptop and then tried to go online. when checking com port baud rate was set to 19200 in logc master i said, ok this time i will change the baud rate on the port instead of changing it on in the software and it worked! and i uploaded the program using logic master.
then opened proficy again and changed the baud rate to 19200 and i was able to go online. However when i tried to upload the program using Proficy it did not work. it says the PLC selected in the target is different. it says I have selected 90-30 (374) in the program while actual PLC is 90-30 (low). however i cannot find 90-30 (low) in the list to select. so i beilieve it's a same case like you said. PLC is too old and i probably cannot upload program using Proficy.

You will need to match the actual CPU part number. The high and low designation is sort of like a coarse/fine selection. When you created the PLC project in Proficy it selected the CPU374 (high) by default. Go to your hardware configuration, right click on the CPU module, and change it to the part number actually present.

You need to match the CPU in Proficy's hardware config with the CPU in the cabinet.
Here is Compatability:
Code:
[B]Series 90-30[/B]

[B]Model number[/B] 
  [B]Required firmware  version[/B]
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU311[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]4.40 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU313[/FONT][/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU321[/FONT][/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU323[/FONT][/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU331[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]4.50 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU340[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]7.00 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU341[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]4.50 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU350[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]8.01 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU351[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]6.04 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU352[/FONT][/FONT] 
  [FONT=Verdana]9.01 or later[/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU360[/FONT][/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU363[/FONT][/FONT] 
   [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]IC693CPU364[/FONT][/FONT] 
   IC693CPU366
  10.72 1 or later
   IC693CPU367
  10.72 1 or later
   IC693CPU370
  12.10 1 or later
   IC693CPU372
  12.10 1 or later
   IC693CPU374
  11.00 or later
 1. This is the earliest firmware version available for this CPU.