PLC5 and Panelbuilder32

angi

HI guys

I just got a problem when I tried to update the HMI linked with a PLC5, a new button to trigger a output, I configured the tag address to a B3 bit. when I save the PV in PB32, it always show me a error::it is not a valid address in the terminal assigned discrete rack.

what this means? how to fix it?

Thanks

Please provide us with the complete catalog number of your PanelView.

Also please tell us the whole address you are trying to write to ( e.g B3:0/0)

And if you can post your panelview's and PLC's program. ( zip them first)

The error message suggests that you are using a PanelView Standard equipped with Remote I/O protocol (RIO).

These PanelViews can only access discrete and block transfer data, which they represent by allowing you to enter the Data File numbers of the data you're sending using BTW/BTR instructions in the controller.

You cannot randomly access PLC memory with a RIO type PanelView, like you can with a PanelView equipped with ControlNet or EtherNet/IP or DH+.

When you examine the Tag Database you will find that all of the tags refer to similar adjacent Data File elements.

If you post the *.PBA file it will be easiest to explain it with specific examples.

you are right, the PLC5 use RIO to talk to PV. but how come PV could setup a tag address to a input point directly(for example, I:033/1)?

you are right, the PLC5 use RIO to talk to PV. but how come PV could setup a tag address to a input point directly(for example, I:033/1)?

Inputs and outputs are how RIO communicates. You can use any discrete I or O bit within the Rack/Group that your Panelview is assigned to.

If you want to transfer more or other data, you will need to configure Block Transfers (BTW or BTR) in the PLC and in the Panelview.

how come it show a error message that I could not use a tag directly triger a output when I use a ouput bit as tag address?

It can't use ALL of the I/O addresses, just the ones for the Rack/Group/Slot set that the PanelView terminal is emulating.

For example, if the PanelView is using Rack 01 and is a "1/2 Rack", then you can use the PLC-5 memory locations I:010/xx through I:013/xx.

But you couldn't use address I:014/xx because that's not being emulated by the PanelView.