PLC5 CPT error

alan_505

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using the following formula 1709550411241.png and I am getting error, Invalid Expression - too many closing parenthesis.
when i copy the formula to notepad or word I cannot see that my brackets don't match, so I cannot figure out why it will not compile.

Any and all help appreciated.

The formula is in TechNote BF19665, Digital filtering of an analog signal in code.

You have two errors.

The immediate one giving you the message is that you need a * between N17:98 and (N17:99-1), RSlogix 5 does not support implied multiplication in that fashion.

The second is that the operator for division is |, not /

Not sure what the result of the CPT is used for, but usually any math that involves division, your result would be better served using a float. Due to order of operations and the values of your integers, your CPT could exceed the limit of an Integer in the PLC5, and your result wouldn't be what you expect. If you need the final result as an integer, CPT to a real first, then convert that value to an INT.