Problem with PV+ Alarm Banner

Hi everybody,

I'm having some trouble with a PV+ 700 Alarm Banner.

What I'm doing is the following: each alarm in the machine, I move a value to an Integer File (N7). So, each value in the integer, calls a different text in my Alarm Banner.

When the banner is already "On top", if I press a emergency button or open a door it calls normally the alarms, and each alarm I solve it calls the previous alarm (e.g.: the open door moves 1 to the integer file, the open door moves 2, etc.).

But, when I close the alarm banner window, if any new alarm, or an old alarm occur, the alarm banner isn't called again, it just come back when my integer values is 0 (machine OK) and I generate a new alarm.

Is that any configuration on the alarm banner, or in the alarms setup?

You'll probably have to provide some additional details; post the *.APA archive, if you can.

Are you embedding an Alarm Banner object on a particular screen, or just using the default Alarm Banner object that is on the pre-defined [ALARM] Display ?

In the Alarm Messages tab, look at the fourth column, labeled "Display". A check mark in that box means that a trigger of that Alarm will cause the [ALARM] display to pop up.

This allows you to select which Alarms will pop up the display, and which will not.

I'm using the alarm banner provided (the [ALARM] screen), just added a multistate indicator below the banner to indicate to the operator what is the procedure to take on each failure.

All the alarms are checked on the "Display" column as u said.

PanelView alarm banner behevior

In the pv menu (not the software, the unit itself), select Alarm. Then uncheck the box "clear all alarm when the newest alarm is ack ". I don't have a pv+ with me so I'm not sure about the exact path but if you dig a little in the menu, you'll find out this option.

Thx slcman,

When I got to that screen u said, that was already unchecked, maybe as a default config. of the HMI. I don't know why, but I checked it and after unchecked again and the problem has been solved, maybe it's some AB bug or something, but now is working fine, thx.