GE Fanuc Output Module ALG391

jcp

Hi friends;
I use one channel of ALG391 Module for 4 to 20 mA. Can i used second channel for 0 to 5 Volt?
Regards

Hi;
What about the attached document. In the last the two figures shows for voltage configration and the other is current configration. Page # 5 and 6
Regards

This is key:
Each module output may be used as a current source or as a less accurate voltage source. A voltage is output at VOUTx that corresponds to the current output. The selection of current or
voltage output is made with a jumper on the I/O terminal board. If no jumper is installed, the module performs as a current source. If the JMPVx jumper is present, the module performs as a voltage source. Each channel has the option of selecting voltage or current. The setting of the current output range determines the voltage range. The voltage range can be increased by using a 250 ohm resistor in place of the voltage jumper from JMPVx to IOUTx. The following table shows the relationship between range settings and voltage outputs.
Then the Table that you quote. Looks like the jumper puts a 250 ohm resistor on the output for you.

That's doing what I mentioned in my earlier post. Apparently there is a 250 ohm resistor included in the module. Wiring it per the diagram cuts that resistor into the circuit, giving you a 1 - 5 volt voltage drop across the resistor when you select 4 - 20 mA range or 0 - 5 volt drop when you select 0 - 20 mA range. Uising another 250 ohm resistor instead of a wire to make the connection adds another 250 ohms in series giving yo a 2 - 10 volt or 0 - 10 volt drop.