HC900 Uploading File from Controller Problem

Marc02x4

Hi all,

I'm having a problem trying to upload the file from the HC900 CPU to my computer.
Customer has a HC900 C30 kind of old, they want to upgrade and do some improvements to the program, so I tried to upload the file from the CPU using the network, I was able to upload, but when the uploading gets to 100% a popup comes saying "Function block table is corrupted" and I click Ok and another popup comes out saying "Invalid configuration, unable to open temporary configuration file".

I can get CPU status and all that using Monitor Mode. I'm using HCDesigner 4.403.

Does anybody has an idea what could I be doing wrong?

Thanks

The early version, 1st generation HC-900's used up to V2.1 HCD software. It is known that as compatible as V4.4 is supposed to be, that connection to the 1st generation controllers can still pose problems.

Those errors are known to occur, particularly when connecting through a network. It is known that 802.11 N networks are just too fast for the 10Mb HC-900.

Work-arounds:

a) Direct connection between PC and HC-900 controller, no switch, no hub, no wireless ethernet.

The 1st generation HC-900 ethernet port was NOT autodetect, so either use a cross over cable or be sure that the PC can autodetect a straight cable and act appropriately.

b) Attempt connnection several times.

c) Try the serial connection (null modem connection). It's likely to work, but it's slow.

d) Find a copy of HCD 2.1 and try it direct connected.

Hi danw, Thanks for your answer.

About all you said:

a) I did tried direct connection PC HC900 Controller.
b) I tried like 50 times, still same result
c) I'll buy a serial cable to try this
d) Do you know where I can get a copy?

Funny thing, I can see the PLC status and all about it in Monitor Mode. I uploaded a print screen of it. Maybe it can help a little bit more to understand.

printscreen 05.jpg

Hi danw, Thanks for your answer.

About all you said:

a) I did tried direct connection PC HC900 Controller.
b) I tried like 50 times, still same result
c) I'll buy a serial cable to try this
d) Do you know where I can get a copy?

Funny thing, I can see the PLC status and all about it in Monitor Mode. I uploaded a print screen of it. Maybe it can help a little bit more to understand.

Finding an older version of the configuration software won't help. I've only found one solution to this problem.

There is an error in the battery backed up RAM memory of the processor that doesn't affect the operation of the program but prevents upload.

If you are comfortable that the configuration in the flash memory is good (that the configuration was written to flash after the last changes were made) then there is a solution. It will cost you RAM backed up values like current variable values, totalizers and counters, but if you have an operator interface, you should be able to step through all of these and write down the values. All but totalizer values can be reset after our next step.

With the process not operating, pull the battery and power the processor down for a minute or so. When you power it back on, the RAM memory will be empty and the configuration will be loaded back from the flash. Put the battery back in and put it back into Run.

You should be able to upload it then.

This is just a suggestion, and you are responsible for the results, but I have done this several times with good results.

By the way, according to your screen shot, your processor is in Program Mode so it isn't operating anyway. If this isn't the case, then I would question the accuracy of the information shown on your screen shot.

If it is really in Program Lock, you might want to switch to Run, back to Program, and back to Run before trying my suggestion. It should write the program to Flash (but it won't save the values I mentioned above so you will still need to write them down).

I hope this helps.

JHarbin

Thanks for your answer. I switched the CPU to Program Mode during my last attempts. Customer saids there is no problem if the totalizers are gone. I should try it, thanks again for your help!