VersoPro to fanuc Series 90 PLC

mrbj

Have been asked to modify a small production machine, built before 2000. No drawings/schematics or PLC logic available.
The machine has a GE Fanuc Series 90 Micro plc.16in and 12out and as far as I can tell all AC input/relay output.

My VersaPro software is Release 2.02(Build 2214), Standard Edition.
The connection cable has a SNP-RS232 convertor.

When I connect to the PLC the following message appears.
""The current CPU setting does not match the CPU type of the attached PLC. The current CPU type is IC200UA007, the attached CPU type is UAA007.""

When I try to Upload the program from the PLC I get the following error message.
""Firmware version 3.01 is incompatible with VersaPro. Minimum supported firmware revision is 3.10. Store failed.""

It appears that I may need some older and/or different software etc..
Can anyone advise me on what I need to be able to upload the PLC program and also be able to edit/modify it and re-install.

Kind regards,
BJ

It sounds like your VersaPro project is configured for a VersaMax Micro PLC and you're connected to a Series 90 Micro. IC200UAA007 is a part number for the VersaMax Micro product line. The Series 90 Micro part number for a 16 AC input, 12 AC output would be IC693UAA007.

Thanks Steve,
The VersaPro hardware configuration (HWC) module catalog only lists CPU's starting with IC200 and not IC693, therefore am unable to select your suggestion.
Any idea's??.
Regards,
Brian.

Once a project has been started using a particular range of PLCs, it is limited to the CPU models available for that range. The result is that you can't change a VersaMax Micro project to a Series 90 Micro.

You will need to exit the VrsaMax Micro project and set up VersaPro so that new projects use the Series 90 Micro. Then start a new project and select the correct CPU model.

Steve,
following your advice, I found the PLC/CPU lists in Options//General and was able to upload the program from the PLC, however, when I tried to download a revised program I got the ""Firmware version 3.01 is incompatible with VersaPro. Minimum supported firmware revision is 3.10. Store failed."" message.
Unfortunately, I have not used Versapro since 2003, its' been sat in my old laptop, doing nothing for about 9years.
Any further ideas/advice??
Regards,
Brian

Download and install the 3.10 firmware. It can be found here:
You may need to reload the program that you just uploaded, don't recall for sure as it has been a long time since doing this.

Last edited:
I have disk and have loaded it on to laptop.
May be a while before I next get opportunity to visit site.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Brian