Relays with Force-Guided Contacts

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
When I design safety systems, I like to use relays with force-guided contacts as the interface between my safety relays and the field devices like fence and e-stop inputs on robots, etc. For the most part, where multiple contacts are required, I have been using Omron GS7A relays for these applications.

My question is this - does anybody have a preferred make/model of force-guided relay (other than the GS7A, of course)? There is nothing wrong with the model I currently use, I just like having more than one tool in my toolbox.

Steve

Thanks for the responses, guys. For any who might not have quite understood, I'm pretty happy with my safety PLCs and Safety Relays already, I am looking for the force-guided relays often driven by the output of the Safety Relay.

Mickey - thanks for the link. The Phoenix Contact module referenced in that thread looks interesting. With 5NO and 2NC contacts, each rated at 6 Amps in a narrow package, this could be something I want to try.

Steve