Citect startup options

RoTaTech

Does anybody know if there is a 'command-line' option that I can put in my Citect shortcut/link, to open a particluar project?

I've two projects on one PC, and want to just click on the Runtime shortcut (or the Explorer, I don't care) and have the named project open up, rather than the (default) last opened one.

As an aside, at this same site, we have 3 PCs running different Citect projects, all collecting the same type of info from 3 different PLCs (all AB, through a KTX card)

Has anyone got any experience and/or suggestions on how I could run all three project on one PC?

It would save a whack of space and electricity...

My second best option would be a KVM switch to the 3 PCs, so at least we don't run all those monitors.

Does anybody know if there is a 'command-line' option that I can put in my Citect shortcut/link, to open a particluar project?

In short.....

Click Start -> Programs -> Citect -> Right Click Citect Explorer and pick properties. Under the Target edit it to show
"C:\Citect\Bin\CTEXPLOR.EXE /i citect.ini"

Copy the c:\windows\citect.ini file to c:\windows\citect2.ini

Create another Citet Explorer ShortCut...Citect Explorer 2

Click Start -> Programs -> Citect -> Right Click Citect Explorer 2 and pick properties. Under the Target edit it to show

"C:\Citect\Bin\CTEXPLOR.EXE /i citect2.ini"

To save you from having to edit the ini files
Open one project with Citect Explorer and Compile and run it (this will automatically save the Citect.ini file.

Open the second project with Citect Explrer 2 and compile and runi it (this will automatically save the Citect2.ini file.)

Last Step....Citect Runtime
Click Start -> Programs -> Citect -> Right Click Citect Runtim and pick properties. Under the Target edit it to show
"C:\Citect\Bin\CTEXPLOR.EXE /i citect.ini"

Create another Citect Runtime Short cut and name it Citect Runtime 2 (for e.g.)
Then
Click Start -> Programs -> Citect -> Right Click Citect Runtim and pick properties. Under the Target edit it to show
"C:\Citect\Bin\CTEXPLOR.EXE /i citect2.ini"

Quickly
Create a main project
Restore the other 2 projects to 1 Citect PC with Citect Explorer
Make the 3 projects included projects of the New Main Project.
Create Links from the Main Project to the other 3
When Compiling and running Select the Main Project
We have 6 projects connected via 1 main Project

Or
just copy/paste 2 into 1 check tags and iodevices for duplicates
This sounds simple but is actually hardest/longest

Bear in mind all PLCs must be on the same network