Siemens PLC S7-300 with CP 340

vipa_vinod

Hello

I am doing project with Siemens S7-300 PLC, CPU 313SC with CP340-RS232.

From CP340 to PC, it is communicating with RS-232 ASCII,

Any Instruction or Function block is there to convert REAL Value to STRING DATA

Look in:
Libraries > IEC Function Blocks > IEC > FC30 R_STRNG IEC

Text from Help file:
Description

The function FC30 converts a variable in REAL data type format to a string. The string is shown with 14 digits:

±v.nnnnnnnE±xx ± Signv 1 digit before the decimal pointn 7 digits after the decimal pointx 2 exponential digits
If the variable given at the return parameter is too short or if no valid floating-point number is given at parameter IN, no conversion takes place and the binary result (BR) bit of the status word is set to “0".

Parameter Declaration Data Type Memory Area Description
IN INPUT REAL I, Q, M, D, L, Const. Input value
RET_VAL OUTPUT STRING D, L Result string
You can assign only a symbolically defined variable for the output parameter.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried & getting the String datas in Data Block. IF i give input as 303.303 real value, i am getting results in string with exponential i.e. 3.03303..e-3. But my requirement is, if i give 303.303 i should get same 303.303

Pls Suggest if any other option is available