VLT5006 to FC302 conversion using MCT10

IPC_Brad

Hello all,

I am trying to convert parameters from an Offline saved project of a VLT5006 to a new online FC302. I try using the conversion wizard but it keeps giving me the following error: "No suitable conversion formula exists". I have the latest update for the FC302 FW Version I have (6.64) and the latest MC10 software (3.17). Now from what I understand, I need a conversion table. Where do I get one? I tried to create a new table, but it only gives me the option to create one from one FC series drive to another FC series drive. Thanks!

Hi IPC_Brad,

I'm not sure that you can do this automatically. We use mostly FC202s and not the FC302 automation drives, but they're a quit a bit different from the VLT 5000's.

Personally, i'd just print out the VLT 5000 configuration file and then create a new FC302 profile in MCT10 and work my way through the list, inputting relevant info. the FC302's are pretty simple anyway aren't they?

If you're upgrading an old drive (which is sounds like you are), it's probably a good time for a sanity check on all the parameters anyway.

Hopefully you don't have 100+ of these to do!