Can I write PLC program using other vendors softwares

I am using Siemens S7-300/400/1200 PLC's using TIA as Programming Tool...

Here my question is,
can i write the program for any of these PLC's using other vendors (like ABB, Fanuc, Omron,....) softwares?

One of my collegue told me that, yes its possible, but only with IEC blocks (IEC Standard Languages)Is it Correct?

Please provide your inputs if anyone knows this?

Thank you
-Suresh

Most of my experience is with AB, but if the PLC in question can use a standard Structured text code, then you should be able to write the program in Notepad.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, We have a PLC Omron CJ2m CPU12, it contains an old program and it is UM read protected by password. Now we have a new program...
Replies
Views
im a newbe to this ive a xinje plc ive downloaded the sowtware.i can figer it out to rewrite it on the xinje sowtware.my problem is i want to...
Replies
Views
hello dear friends. one question has been in my mind for some years and i have not found an answer for it till now. suppose you want to write plc...
Replies
Views
I'm sure there isn't any official documentation, but is there any resources out there on how to write in OB/FC/FB blocks in to a S7-300 PLC...
Replies
Views
hi every body i have aproblem with a s7 program which is write protected by the designer i can't do any thing in the program when i go to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom